Monday 9 August 2010

Just a question of time before I go maxi!

One of the new trends of this autumn are the maxi skirts. Although I like them there is something about them that feels summery and strange to wear in winter. But with trends..I never say never!


According to my new savings plan I need to be 5 metres distance from shops...especially the ones that cause great addition because they are in principle cheaper which means I always buy way too much and never look at the price and until I get to the till and its too late because I’m already in love!!..anyway, my friend V. dragged me to Zara and Urban Outfitters and I went to check out the new collection.

I went head to head with the maxi skirt....love the colours – beje, grey, green, black – but then I could not figure out what shoes to wear with them in the London winter – ballerinas perhaps? I fear that wear them with high hills might make me look bulky...not sure! What do you think?

Anyway, I have my eye on them but left the shop with 3 pairs of trousers all cropped – they are just the perfect basic piece for work. (if I show up in the office with long skirt they might not take me seriously ever again).

So what I love about the maxi skirt is that they look cool and effortless, they hide your (my) fat legs and they look super chick.

See below some of my favourite. I love the mix of silk and velvet with thick jumpers or simple white t-shirts.

I know its just a question of time before I go maxi!

The trend & some of my favourite high st. versions:



















philosophy by alberta ferretti




















maxi skirt by michael kors


















Maxi skirt – Dries Van Noten




















Marc Jacobs velvet skirt - you can buy it here






Silk skirt – Top shop
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sequin Maxi skirt - River Island
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tie dye maxi skirt – New Look
 

No comments:

Post a Comment